Thursday 16 January 2014

A New Adventure - Across The Ditch

Today I arrived in Queenstown, not the one in Tasmania, but the one that is reputably New Zealand's adventure capital. As I flew in amongst the mountains I wondered what I had put myself in for, those mountains look steep. The day, which is 2 hours shorter because of the time zone was spent travelling and re-assembling the trike, both went fairly smoothly, luckily I had cleaned the trike thoroughly. Once assembled I went for a test ride through the town.

The proposed trip will be from Queenstown over the Crown Range to Wanaka. Then south to Clyde and along the Otago Central Rail Trail to Pukerangi. From there I will put the trike on the Taleri Gorge Railway to Dunedin.

Distance today (estimated) 3km (just a test ride)

No comments:

Post a Comment